KC/DC Cycle

Ride to live... live to ride

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I was riding home minding my business when out of the dark came a car. I'm riding next to the curb and the car crosses my path to make a right. I skidded, veered, and tumbled onto the pavement. I ride 2500 miles per year lately. I've ridden for 45 years and a lady who wasn't even born when I started riding knocks me off my bike.

I had just bought this really cool antique(?) bike. It was probably made in the mid-70's. It's a 12-speed with Sugino, Dia-compe, Pletscher, Sakae, Minoura, Suntour components. It had a 3 watt 6 volt generator that mounts where we used to put our kickstand. The generator gets it's traction on the road part of the tire rather than the sidewall.

I was all set for night commuting:

1) reflective vest
2) two large rear reflectors
3) Front and Rear lights

Now my beautiful bike is damaged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home