KC/DC Cycle

Ride to live... live to ride

Saturday, July 09, 2022

Learning about some of the subtleties



During a previous ride with this group I bonked. Bonking is just running out of steam. It caused me to fade and crash in energy. I was able to complete the ride, but in terms of energy I was washed out. After reflecting on my day I realized that I had only had a sandwich for lunch. I needed more fuel for my machine.

Two weeks later I rode, last Friday, with the same group. I drank some water just before driving over to the ride site. I brought an apple. I brought M&Ms. I ate a peanut butter sandwich just before departing for the drive. I completely replenished about 45 minutes before my drive over to the site. That fuel made all the difference. I was not in that much better shape, and I didn't bonk. I maintained energy and completed the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home