KC/DC Cycle

Ride to live... live to ride

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Two wheels can be dangerous

Staying safe in foreign lands is a challenge in reading cultural traits such as safety and acceptable behavior. Besides my 55+ years of riding bicycles in the US and Thailand I have twenty years of motorcycling. Knowing your own inclinations and the bicycles behavior are in addition to what other vehicles do. I have spent a lot of time focusing on staying safe. At some point I will gracefully retire from cycling; hopefully it will happen prior to any serious accidents. I had a minor but terrifying bump while riding my bicycle when a motorbike passed too close. Then I experienced almost 3 years of problem free riding on motorbike and bicycle. The day we left I mentioned the period of safety and how each day I focused on keeping us safe. When I was young I took more risks. I was lucky. When you have a few scrapes you should at least have the common sense to temper your behavior.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home