KC/DC Cycle

Ride to live... live to ride

Monday, July 22, 2019

Riding on the road - early horror

One of my early memories of riding on the road was riding with my father. We took a few rides with a group of neighborhood guys. There was a moment in that ride where I was next to dad while we traveled downhill increasing in speed. As I rode beside him I saw the front brake dislodge from it's position on the front fork. BOOM! He sailed through the air and landed flat on his back... I helped him to the side of the road and he laid there. I don't remember more of the details. We went to a house nearby where we called mom to pick us up. I don't know if dad went to the doctor or hospital. This was the days before helmets. He was lucky to not have hurt his head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home