KC/DC Cycle

Ride to live... live to ride

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Not racist

Thru the generations people have believed that they are not racist with various feats in mind proving that they have overcome that mindset. At times I also have believed that I am not racist because I was definitely different than others. I also see a world completely embedded with racism. I see my part in it. Even when I want to speak out against racism sometimes I have not. So I am contributing or at least not fully fighting racism. As Angela Davis said "it's not enough to be non-racist, you must be anti-racist". I fail in this. I also notice underlying racism in my day to day activities. I notice shadows of behaviors that are racist. I am becoming more aware of new concepts and definitions like intersectionality that contribute to racism. Awareness and interaction lead to freedom from the burden of white supremacy. I think we all need some honest feedback to get clear guidance on next steps. With the enmeshment of racism/white supremacy into our society and its' ever changing nature we continue to need to work on it and understand it. It's not a check box on a form

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home