KC/DC Cycle

Ride to live... live to ride

Monday, November 21, 2022

Bike Pump

When we lived in Thailand my twenty year old bike pump died. I may have been able to revive it with parts, but nah! I decided to throw out some money for a brand new one. Twenty years was plenty of service for a vital device. Shopping in Thailand is difficult for hardware. There were a couple of bike shops, but to try to explain to the staff what we needed was a challenge sometimes. I remember going to the hardware store and giving up on something I was looking for. So, I brought my pump in and showed them it didn't work and they got the idea. They had a couple brands. One of them was a Chinese brand I recognized. So I bought it. I had it a week and it stopped working. The valve leaked. I went to return the pump which I had never used but they wouldn't give my money back. I was shocked. I ended up ordering adapters from Alibaba in China. I got 3 delivered for about $2. It's worked ever since 2018.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home